Updated on March 26, 2018
Without a doubt, the feminist movement came a long way since its beginning. Many feminist history books chronicled the progress and covered the movement in detail.
So, this is a list of top ten feminist history books (according to Goodreads).
1. A Room of One’s Own. Author: Virginia Woolf.
2. The Riot Grrrl Collection. Author: Lisa Darms.
3. Girls to the Front: The True Story of the Riot Grrrl Revolution. Author: Sara Marcus.
4. A Strange Stirring: The Feminine Mystique & American Women at the Dawn of the 1960s. Author: Stephanie Coontz.
5. A Vindication of the Rights of Woman. Author: Mary Wollstonecraft.
6. Hunger Makes Me a Modern Girl. Author: Carrie Brownstein.
7. The Story of Jane: The Legendary Underground Feminist Abortion Service. Author: Laura Kaplan.
8. When Everything Changed: The Amazing Journey of American Women from 1960 to the Present. Author: Gail Collins.
9. For Her Own Good: Two Centuries of the Experts’ Advice to Women. Author: Barbara Ehrenreich
10. The World Split Open: How the Modern Women’s’ Movement Changed America. Author: Ruth Rosen.